JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Date of Posting: 11-15-2023
The following position is available. Interested parties may obtain an application form from the Keokuk County Assessor’s Office. and then submit the application and a resume to the Assessor’s Office by 4:30 p.m., December 21, 2023. The full job description is available at the Assessor’s Office.
Job Title: Assessor Clerk
Department: Keokuk County Assessor, 101 S Main St, Sigourney, IA 52591
Hours: 20 - 25 hours per week Pay: Part - Time (regular position)
Hourly Rate: $15.00
Essential Functions and other details of the Job:
- Communicate professionally and courteously with the public, employees, and other County customers.
- Greet and assist public at counter, which may include sign-up homestead, military, and other applications, or direct to proper department.
- Perform general office duties, and other duties and functions assigned by Assessor or Deputy Assessor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience of at least 1 year involving an office environment.
- Ability to read, research, and interpret legal descriptions, maps, governmental rules, operating and/or procedure manuals is helpful.
- Basic math ability such as calculating amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Knowledge or experience in real estate appraisal, sales or building trades is helpful.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Mental and Physical Demands and Environment:
Typical office and possible outdoor work environments, which may include seasonal weather conditions and construction noise.
Interested parties are encouraged to read the full job description available HERE and fill out the application HERE or obtain from the Assessor's Office. If chosen for an interview, there will be a brief aptitude test.
The County shall have sole discretion to fill any vacancy.
KEOKUK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER