The following position is available. Interested parties may obtain an application form from the Keokuk County Assessor’s Office and HERE, and then return the application to the Assessor’s Office by 4:30 p.m., June 22, 2022. Full job description is available at the Assessor’s Office with employment application.
Job Title: Field Assistant
Department: Keokuk County Assessor, 101 S Main St, Sigourney, IA 52591
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week Pay: Seasonal/Temporary
Up to 38 weeks Hourly Rate: $15
Essential Functions and other details of the Job:
- Inspect buildings and improvements, both interior and exterior, during all phases of construction. Measures, lists, and verifies relevant data to property.
- Communicate professionally and courteously to a variety of possible temperaments and/or personalities.
- May greet and assist public at counter, which may include sign-up homestead, military, and other applications, or direct to proper department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience of at least 1 year involving office and/or outside work environments
- Ability to read and interpret legal descriptions, maps, governmental rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Basic math ability including calculating amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume
Mental and Physical Demands and Environment:
Typical office and/or outdoor work environments, which may include seasonal weather conditions and construction noise.
Interested parties are encouraged to read the full job description available at the Assessor’s Office or by mail if requested. If chosen for an interview, there may be a brief aptitude test.
The County shall have sole discretion to fill any vacancy.
KEOKUK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER