Christine Edmundson Long - Keokuk County Treasurer
101 S. Main
Sigourney, Iowa 52591
Cathy Clawson - Deputy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Long - Office Clerk, email@example.com
Tammy Klett - Deputy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele Sieren - Office Clerk, email@example.com
KEOKUK COUNTY TREASURER’S PROPERTY TAX NOTICE
The Second half of real estate and mobile home taxes are due and must be paid before March 31, 2022. No second statement will be sent to taxpayers, your stubs must accompany your payments which may be mailed to the Keokuk County Treasurer, 101 South Main St Sigourney, Iowa 52591, or paid at the Keokuk County Treasurer’s Office in the Courthouse between 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00p.m.-4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. Credit card and e-check payment are only accepted online at www.iowatreasurers.org. There is a drop box at the north door open 24/7 each day.
Payments mailed in to the Keokuk County Treasurer’s office must have a US Postal Service postmark date of March 31, 2022, to avoid penalty. You should check with your area postmaster to make sure a postmark is affixed with a March 31, 2022, date to avoid a penalty for a late mailing. Predated checks will not be accepted as a substitute for the postmark. A penalty of 1.5% per month, rounded to the nearest whole dollar, will be added on April 1, 2022.
Please, have payment stubs for all properties on which you wish to pay, including special assessments and personal property taxes.
If you are buying or selling a car in Iowa you shall have a Bill of Sale to do the transfer. Keokuk Count does not require this form to be notarized.
Order specialized plated go to Iowa Dot webesite: Personalized Plates
Application for Title and or Registration is form number 411007
Application for replacement title is form number 411033
Damage disclosure statement is form number 411108
If you have a 14 year old that is needing to take the permit test the parent or guardian will need to start with SKIP THE TRIP
There will be a $30.00 Returned Check Fee for all eChecks that are returned for insufficient funds.
Our office is closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00.
Tax Department Duties & Responsibilities
- Collecting all property and mobile home taxes, special assessments, and drainage tax.
- Collecting miscellaneous revenue from other offices.
- Investing all county funds.
- Apportioning all tax dollars and sending to appropriate school, city, or other taxing body.
- Issuing tax clearances on mobile homes.
- Processing Iowa Property Tax Credit Claims for senior citizens or persons with disabilities.
- Keeping accurate records of all monies received and disbursed.
- Holding the annual Tax Sale.
Dates to remember from the Treasurer's Office
- March 1 - Second half of property taxes due.
- March 31 - Last day to pay second half of property taxes without penalty at the Treasurer's office. Mail in payments must be post marked by March 31
- June 21 - Treasurer's Property Tax Sale
- July 1 - First day of Fiscal Year
- September 1 - First half of property taxes due
- September 30 - Last day to pay first half of property taxes without penalty at the Treasurer's office. Mail in payments must be post marked by September 30.
The office is closed for lunch from 12:00 -1:00.
- Office Hours: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 4:15 / Monday - Friday
- Motor Vehicle: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 4:15 / Monday - Friday / No titles after 4:00
- Driver License: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 4:00 / Monday - Friday
- Car Drives: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 3:00 / Monday-Friday By appointment only
The office will be closed on the official county holidays.
- January 1 New Year's Day
- February 21 President's Day
- May 30 Memorial Day
- July 4 Independence Day
- September 5 Labor Day
- November 11 Veteran's Day
- November 24 Thanksgiving
- November 25 Thanksgiving
- December 26 Christmas Day
January 2 New Year's 2023
Keokuk County taxpayers may pay their current or delinquent taxes online with a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit card, or use their regular checking account with an electronic check.
Credit Cards are accepted online only.
If there is a tax sale on your property please contact the treasurer's office.