Christine Edmundson - Keokuk County Treasurer
101 S. Main
Sigourney, Iowa 52591
DUE TO COVID-19 - To reduce wait times please send your payments through the post office, pay online @ www.iowatreasurers.org or you may use the drop box outside of the courthouse for both Taxes and Motor Vehicle Renewals.
If you have any questions please call 641-622-2421.
Tax Sale for June 2020 has been suspended. The next tax sale will be held June of 2021.
Our office is closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00.
Tax Department Duties & Responsibilities
- Collecting all property and mobile home taxes, special assessments, and drainage tax.
- Collecting miscellaneous revenue from other offices.
- Investing all county funds.
- Apportioning all tax dollars and sending to appropriate school, city, or other taxing body.
- Issuing tax clearances on mobile homes.
- Processing Iowa Property Tax Credit Claims for senior citizens or persons with disabilities.
- Keeping accurate records of all monies received and disbursed.
- Holding the annual Tax Sale.
Dates to remember from the Treasurer's Office
- March 1 - Second half of property taxes due.
- March 31 - Last day to pay second half of property taxes without penalty at the Treasurer's office. Mail in payments must be post marked by March 31
- June 21 - Treasurer's Property Tax Sale
- July 1 - First day of Fiscal Year
- September 1 - First half of property taxes due
- September 30 - Last day to pay first half of property taxes without penalty at the Treasurer's office. Mail in payments must be post marked by September 30.
The office is closed for lunch from 12:00 -1:00.
- Office Hours: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 4:15 / Monday - Friday
- Motor Vehicle: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 4:15 / Monday - Friday / No titles after 4:00
- Driver License: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 4:00 / Monday - Friday
- Car Drives: 8:00 - 12:00 - 1:00 - 3:00 / Monday-Friday By appointment only
The office will be closed on the official county holidays.
Keokuk County taxpayers may pay their current or delinquent taxes online with a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit card, or use their regular checking account with an electronic check.
Credit Cards are accepted online only.
If there is a tax sale on your property please contact the treasurer's office.