The following position is available. Interested parties may obtain an application form from the Keokuk County Assessor’s Office and HERE, and then return the application to the Assessor’s Office by 4:30 p.m., June 22, 2022. Full job description is available at the Assessor’s Office with employment application.
Job Title: Office Assistant
Department: Keokuk County Assessor, 101 S Main St, Sigourney, IA 52591
Hours: Full – time Pay: Annual range: $40,000 - $45,000
(37.5 hours per week)
Essential Functions and other details of the Job:
- Assist signing up taxpayers for all credits and tax exemptions i.e. military and homestead, family farm, forest reserve, native prairie, etc.; explaining or answering questions regarding the applicable requirements for the different credits or exemptions.
- Provides customer service to the public in a professional courteous manner. Assists customers contacting the assessor’s office by answering questions or providing information regarding assessment values, legal descriptions and related information maintained in the County Assessor’s office. Refers callers and visitors to other appropriate County departments or other agencies as needed by information requested.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance while representing the assessor’s office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Graduation from High School or GED, supplemented by additional training, or experience, in the use of computers and computer applications as they relate to assigned clerical duties.
- Ability to read and interpret legal descriptions, maps, governmental rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Basic math ability including calculating amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
Mental and Physical Demands and Environment:
The work is typically office work which includes contact with the public on a frequent basis. It does not require substantial exposure to adverse conditions or weather elements.
Interested parties are encouraged to read, or obtain, the full job description available at the Assessor’s Office, or by mail if requested. If chosen for an interview, there may be a brief aptitude test.
The County shall have sole discretion to fill any vacancy.
KEOKUK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER