Part-Time Administrative Assistant to the County Attorney
Job Title: Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Hours may be set with input from
employee but must be flexible to be able
to work when full-time administrative
assistant requests time off.
Part-time/no additional benefits
Application and resume due to Keokuk County Attorney’s Office, 101 S. Main, Sigourney, IA 52591 November 30, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Applications can be picked up at the Keokuk County Attorney’s office or found HERE.
Primary Duties include assisting the full-time administrative assistant in the following:
- Communicate professionally and courteously with the public, employees and other professionals while answering the phone and helping those that walk into the office.
- Draft, revise, and prepare legal documents at the direction of the County Attorney.
- Calendar deadlines, court hearings and other meetings to maintain the County Attorney’s calendar in an accurate manner and bring to the attention of the County Attorney approaching deadlines.
- Be available to help maintain open office hours during the hours of 8:00-4:30, Monday through Friday.
- Other duties as necessary for the operation of the office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Basic computer knowledge including operating Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel and ability to operate other web-based applications.
- Basic math, oral and written communication skills.
- Clear, professional and courteous communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Good writing skills to enable checking for spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors.
- Ability to continue work with frequent interruptions.
- High standards of ethical conduct, honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of office business.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and refrain from commenting about County Attorney business outside the office.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Physical requirements: This position primarily requires sitting at a desk working on a computer. Will require the ability to obtain files from filing cabinets regularly and boxes in storage on occasion. Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities preferred:
- Basic knowledge of legal processes and/or experience working in the legal field.
Experience managing or assisting in managing a business office.