Field Assistant Position
The Keokuk County Assessor is accepting applications for a position of Field Assistant. See the full job description in the Assessor’s Office or on-line at https://keokukcounty.iowa.gov/jobs/field-assistant-position.
The position constitutes a part time job with a maximum of 30 hours per week. It will start each year in June and go into February, maybe into March of the next year. It is expected to last for 3 to possibly 6 years. The hourly rate will be $15.00 to $17.50 depending on qualifications.
The job description consists of primarily assisting with outdoor data collection. Specific essential functions include measuring buildings, assist in noting property characteristics, and drawing rough sketches. Other functions may include computer data entry, preparing and planning work schedule, and general office duties.
Applicants must have a valid Iowa driver’s license. Applicant should have basic math ability, willingness to spend majority of working day outdoors, ability to perform work which may include hours of standing, walking, and /or sitting, good communication skills with a courteous and diplomatic manner, ability to operate office equipment, and able to understand and follow instructions.
Full job description and application forms are available in the Keokuk County Assessor’s Office, located in the Northeast corner of the first floor in the Keokuk County Courthouse in Sigourney, Iowa, or on-line at https://keokukcounty.iowa.gov/jobs/field-assistant-position.
Submit application form to Keokuk County Assessor’s Office by 4:30 p.m., July 22, 2022. You may include a resume and reference letters if you wish.
The following position is available. Interested parties may obtain an application form and full job description from the Keokuk County Assessor’s Office, and then return the application to the Assessor’s Office by 4:30 p.m., July 22, 2022. Full job description and application is also available at https://keokukcounty.iowa.gov/jobs/field-assistant-position.
Job Title: Field Assistant
Department: Keokuk County Assessor, 101 S Main St, Sigourney, IA 52591
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week Pay: Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $17.50
Essential Functions and other details of the Job:
- Inspect buildings and improvements, both interior and exterior, during all phases of construction. Measures, lists, and verifies relevant data to property.
- Computer data entry, preparing work schedule, and general office duties.
- Communicate professionally and courteously to a variety of possible temperaments and/or personalities.
- May greet and assist public at counter, which may include sign-up homestead, military, and other applications, or direct to proper department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience of at least 1 year involving office and/or outside work environments
- Ability to read and interpret maps, governmental rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Basic math ability including calculating amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume
Mental and Physical Demands and Environment:
Typical office and/or outdoor work environments, which may include seasonal weather conditions and construction noise.
Interested parties are encouraged to read the full job description available at the Assessor’s Office or by mail if requested. If chosen for an interview, there may be a brief aptitude test.
The County shall have sole discretion to fill any vacancy.
KEOKUK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER